- 1:30 Supreme Novices Hurdle
- 2:10 Arkle Chase
- 2:50 Ultima Handicap Chase
- 3:30 Champion Hurdle
- 4:10 Mares Hurdle
- 4:50 Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle
- 5:30 National Hunt Chase Cup
- 1:30 Ballymore Novices Hurdle
- 2:10 The Brown Advisory Novices' Chase
- 2:50 Coral Cup
- 3:30 Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase
- 4:10 Glenfarclas Chase
- 4:50 Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Challenge Cup
- 5:30 Weatherby's Champion Bumper
- 1:30 Turners Novices Chase
- 2:10 Pertemps Final Hurdle
- 2:50 Ryanair Chase
- 3:30 Stayers Hurdle
- 4:10 Plate Handicap Chase
- 4:50 Mares Novices Hurdle
- 5:30 Kim Muir Chase Cup
Coral Cup Betting Odds - 2:50pm Cheltenham
The Coral Cup is run on the second day of the festival and is usually a big handicap for the punters to get their teeth into. It has to be said the bookmakers look forward to this race too as over the years some big priced horses have won it and in fact only one favourite has prevailed in 16 years, that being a real old fashioned gamble landed by the legendary Irish trainer Tony Martin.
The race usually attracts a maximum field with the classier types that will shoulder big weights down to those that sneak in the bottom of the handicap. Over the years it has been difficult for any horse carrying over 11 stone to win as there always seem to be one or two lower down that have been laid out for the race and either have been protecting their handicap marks or are an improving horse that hasn’t shown its full potential yet.
The Irish trained horses have had their share of good luck over the years winning seven times since 1995, but since the handicapping system changed it’s claimed that the Irish horses are at a disadvantage nowadays, but it won’t stop them having a tilt in the ring come March.
Check out the latest odds on the Coral Cup.