Tipster Competition Rules
1. All tipsters have the option to settle their tips, if not Admin will settle them.
2. Any tipster settling a tip wrongly 3 times in any one month, will have his account suspended for that month and forfeit any prize due, so please be careful. That tipster will then become active again for the following month.
3. As Horse Racing tips are SP only, please refer to the rules for settling these and enter in the calculation box present especially for Horse Racing tips.
1a. Reasoning is optional. If you wish to provide reasoning, then please do so and we actively encourage it, but you are free to post tips without reasoning.
1b. Please note tipsters who do not post reasoning with at least 30 words for each tip, will only receive half of the stated prize money/free bets. Effective, 1st July 2012.
2. You can edit tips for 5 minutes after you have placed them, to adjust any errors you have made.
3. We are slowly introducing integrated markets. For now you can choose markets on some football events and we will introduce more over time. It will either make you select it or it won’t be an option at all.
4a. Each tipster has a 300 point bank each month. If the tipster uses all their bank in any one month, then they will not be able to place any more bets that month. The bank will be reset to 300 points at the start of each month.
4b. All tipsters must place a minimum of 30 bets to qualify for either of the monthly prizes. You will only appear on the monthly tables after 5 bets have been placed.
5. Bets must be placed at least 1 hour before the start of the event, ideally we want even longer, but any less and they will not count towards the tipster tables.
6. We realise that odds comparison websites are widely used to seek out best prices for various markets, we advise all tipsters to ensure that their chosen market/odds actually exists on that paticular sportsbook before submitting a tip as odds comparison sites are not 100% reliable.
For those do no not understand what "each way" means, this is to do with long term bets on sports and also horse racing mainly. On sports, it usually means to have half your stake on to win, and half to be placed in the final, but the half to get to the final, is at shorter odds.
8. Lays are not allowed.
9. Each Way horse racing bets will be settled as follows:
4 runners or less: Win only - if there were more than 4 runners when you placed the bet, but it was cut down to 4, then the place half is settled as a win bet.
5-7 runners: 2 places, 1/4 the odds.
8-11 runner handicaps and all 8+ runner non-handicaps: 3 places, 1/5 the odds.
12-15 runner handicaps: 3 places, 1/4 the odds.
16+ runner handicaps: 4 places, 1/4 the odds.
Rule 4 deductions must be advised to admin, failure to do so may result in you being deleted from the site.
10. BOG (Best Odds Guaranteed) prices are not allowed, please choose either starting price or take the price.
11. You can bet singles only, we will not accept any doubles or trebles on any sport. If anyone places these bets, they will be deleted.
12. You are only allowed one bet on the same match, Asian Handicaps/Win Bets and Over/Unders on the same match will be disallowed, this rule is for football/soccer matches only. If two bets are posted, then the first bet will be valid only.
All other sports are required to have one bet on any individual match or game, not including horse racing or motor sports.
13. Correct score bets are not allowed on any sport, this includes set betting on Tennis. Goal Margin bets such as Milan to win by 1 goal etc... are now disallowed.
14. HT/FT bets, anytime goalscorers, correct score and first goalscorer bets are not allowed.
15. Ice Hockey bets (and similar) that do not state (Inc OT) at the end of the bet subject, will be regarded as regulation bets, therefore including the draw.
16. There is no minimum bets rule for tipsters, but money management is essential with a set bank of 300 points each month.
17. If you make a mistake, please inform us immediately, but if the event has already started then it will stand. This applies even if even if the reasoning supports a mistake.
18. Tipsters that use other people's tips from any other site will be subject to a yellow card and then deleted. This applies to blatant copying from forums too.
19. Tipsters must place a minimum of 30 bets to be entitled to prize money.
20. All cash prizes will be paid via www.moneybookers.com so please make sure you have an account with them. We have an exclusive 10% bonus for PL members too. You can sign up for an account here www.moneybookers.com
Administrators of PL Tipster Competition reserve the right to bring in or adjust any rules in the future at the start of any month, but never whilst the month is in progress. They will look at any disputes, and their decision will be final.
All queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register at Unibet