Jonathan Byrd (Each Way Bet)
- I have spent hours racking my brains over the Greenbrier Classic and have struggled to come to much of a conclusion. In the end I have decided just to opt for one pick, Jonathan Byrd.
- I considered the likes of Jimmy Walker and Brendan De Jonge, both who have good records in this event, but at around 50/1 for the pair I couldn't get excited considering they have never won before.
- Instead back 5 time winner Byrd who has been in fine form this season.
- He didn't fare that well at Olympic Club shooting a final round of 77 to finish outside the top 50.
- But prior to the US Open he was in superb form finishing T6 at the Memorial, T10 at Colonial, T12 at Sawgass and T9 at Quail Hollow.
- Byrd has taken the last two weeks off so should be fresh this week and finished just outside the top 20 here in 2010
- Bookmaker Free Bet